Thursday, November 25, 2010

Classroom Website

I love the fact that we get to start creating our own website that we can use in the classroom. If I had not started it in this class, I probably never would have and that would have been a shame. I am so thankful that I know how to create and manage one now. I believe using a classroom website and blog is extremely beneficial, especially for deaf children. If I work at an Institution for the Deaf, most students live on campus and only see their families on the weekends. This makes it extremely difficult to know what all is going on in their child's education. Having an updated website and blog, will allow the parents to see what their children are doing and will be doing. It will also be a great way to post their projects up for their families to see! Also, if students do go home, and they have a computer, they can check up on assignments and the plan for instruction everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment